8.26.2011

Hurricane Irene

Everyone's boarding up windows and taping them too.I was at my grandparent's house up near the beach and their clearing all the islands, it's crazy. So much to do, so much to see, and so much to come.

I know it's weird but I can't wait. All the work and all the waiting it's so aggravating and nerve-wrecking. I've always love thunder storms and I just went through my first earthquake now my first hurricane. Packing caned food and loading up on bottles and jugs of water. Searching for flash lights. It's all kind of fun in a kid's perspective. But this might be the scariest thing in my life too.

Since I was five my favorite part of the storms was the power outages. But this time I don't know that means no computer for a while. So what are your favorites and your fears of the thunder storm? Comment them below.


This is what I would call scary if I were that person!

8 comments:

  1. Great post Kat!
    We all made it through okay. Now you will have to report from Lavalette and tell us how it looks there after the storm.
    I bet the island here is a mess right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. no it's not. A couple of sighns knocked down but nothing else today

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good article !
    I was helping someone for that weekend and wasn't at home...tried to settle everything before I left , but came home to a power outage that lasted until Tuesday . Thankfully , the appliances are gas powered , not electric , so there was hot water and use of the stove .
    It could have been far worse !
    Take good care of yourself , Kat !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shira Goodman9/01/2011

    It was scary. Hope you didnt get too wet in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aylette K9/01/2011

    I hated that Irene . bh everythings okay now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea it was scary.
    but its over

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kat,
    We don't have storms where I live in So Cal so i can't even imagine. But it would be scary and exciting all in one for me I am sure.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  8. yea exciting and scary but so cool.

    ReplyDelete