3.06.2013

Nobody understands how much i miss field hockey! Being on a team is great, its amazing! You make so many new friends, so many memories. At practice me and the other goalie made a hand shake type thing with our sticks and we would do it before every game and every time we won a compaction at practice. At the end of the season we had one last practice where we did 2 on 1's (Goalie vs. 2 midfielders) and 1 on 1's (Goalie vs. midfielder). Then who ever lost had to run to the end of the field and back. It was great. But i think the best part was the bus rides. I sat with my two friends in the last seats of the bus. We would talk about everything, we became amazing friends! One time we were on our way home from a game we had just won and "We Are Never Getting Back Together" by Taylor Swift came on. It was hysterical! Everyone on the bus broke out singing at the top of their lungs. All of those few months was amazing. The competitions, the laughs, the game faces, the quotes, the wins, and even the losses.
What sucks in the 8th graders are moving on to high school next year. The B team is now going to be the A team and we are going to meet completely new people. That was the best team i have ever been on!

So people are always asking me: Soccer or Field Hockey?

I've played both, i played soccer for 7 and 1/2 years and field hockey for 3 months. What do you think my answer will be? If you guessed soccer, you are so wrong. I loved playing soccer but when i walked off the field at the end of the day i was glad it was over. But with field hockey, i walk off the field wishing it wasn't over. If it wasn't for my mom and the coach i wouldn't have played. I didn't want to because of the skirts, I'm kind of a tomboy, not a lot but i wont wear a skirt. I hurt my leg the first day of tryouts in soccer and i didn't go the next day because of that so i didn't make the team. My mom practically begged me to try field hockey. She told me playing a school sport is so much better that playing on a rec. team because you see your team mates everyday. You can talk with them and get to know them more and your relationships get stronger. She was right! Anyway, we are playing basketball in gym and we had to warm up by shuffling across the gym. I was really good at it because i did it a lot for soccer.  My gym teacher who is the field hockey coach comes up to me once i was done and asks me to play for the team. I figure i would give it a chance. And i did! I think i would wear a skirt just to play on this team if i had to. I love it that much.



  • There are some people who dont have what it takes to play field hockey-the polite term fer this people are-soccer players. (I know I played but when you get a stick to your stomach you'll understand...)
  • Before the home run...before the layup...before the slap shot...there was a ball and a stick.
  • Field Hockey is the sport where hearts are broken, sticks are broken, and backs are broken , and and every player comes back for more.
  • Breathe In, Bleed Out...Play On!
  • Simply wanting to win means nothing. Dedication, determination, hard work and heart gets it done!
  • We are more than just chicks with sticks...we got BALLS too.
The last and the first are my favorites!


No comments:

Post a Comment