5.22.2013

As humans we tend to take advantage of what we have. We don't appreciate the all the amazing things we have in our lives. And one day when its gone, we regret not telling the people we love how we feel. Or telling a friend how much you appreciate them. Thanking them for being there no matter what.

There's a saying, "You don't know what you have, until it's gone." I don't think that's 100% true. I think we all know what we have, but we don't think were going to lose it.

There has been some things going on lately that's made me think. My best friend is moving, my grandma's in the hospital, and the school year is ending. Most of my friends are moving up a grade and i wont be seeing them. What's going to happen if i never talk to my best friend again? What happens if i don't talk to the people moving up a grade again?

How many of you have regret not saying something. Keeping it to yourself not knowing what the other's reaction will be. I think there is at least one thing everyone regrets not saying. It could be, "I love you." or "Goodbye." maybe even "Thank you for everything you've done for me."

Life's to short to hold back. To keep things to yourself because your scared how someone might react. The people you care about most, can be in and out of your life in the snap of a finger. You have to honest and say what needs to be said. Don't wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect. You may regret it if you don't.

So, to my best friend, thank you for everything. Thank you for being there. Thank you for seeing my flaws and valuing them as much as my strengths. Thank you for loving me like a sister.

To my other friends, thank you. You are all amazing. You all have been great friends and i hope to continue talking to you for a while.

To my grandma, i love you more than anything. I love the Saturday night TV nights, and playing the piano together. You are amazing.

To my family, i love you all. No matter how mad i get at you, you've always been there. And i know you always will. When it comes to friends, they will go in and out of your life, but family will always be by your side. Thanks.

To the people reading this, go tell someone you love them. Go thank your best friend. Go give your mom or dad a hug. Don't waste a moment, i assure you, you will regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment