7.03.2013

4th of July

Independence Day also know as 4th of July is the biggest celebration of summer. Families get together and go to the beach. BBQ's go on all day. Then at the end of the day, you sit back and watch the fireworks light up the night sky.

Every summer my family gets together. We do the whole beach and BBQ thing at my grandparent's beach house, then we sit out on the street in beach chairs and watch the fireworks that are set off on the bay. This year is going to be very different. Hurricane Sandy destroyed my grandparents beach house. They had to gut the entire first floor. We are a lot more lucky than other people. For the people who lost their homes, if i could, i'd go out and help... but being 13, there isn't much i can do. I hope you have an amazing weekend and i hope that things can get back to normal really soon.

It's driving me crazy because no one knows whats going to happen tomorrow. 4th of July is my favorite holiday. I like it more than Christmas... I know it's crazy but I get to go down to the beach, I get to watch the fireworks, and more importantly I get to make more memories with my family and friends. The laughs, the inside jokes, the serious and heart spilling conversations between me and my cousins. There is nothing like it.

I want you all to go out and have the time of your lives tomorrow. Go down to the beach. Go to the town parade. Have a BBQ. Blast music. Watch the fireworks with your loved ones. Make those memories, laugh too much, take too many pictures, because in 10 years you're going to need that to remember.

Have an amazing holiday and God Bless America!





No comments:

Post a Comment