7.06.2013

My Day lol

My days are constantly the same. I wake up, get dressed, go to school (in the summer eat breakfast) come home (or sit doing nothing) then go to bed. Every time I wake up I do it all over again. I never really had anything to look forward to other than life itself... Seeing new things, some that are stupid and some that make my jaw drop.
This school year was like my normal day. Doing nothing. I tried out for the school soccer team but ended up getting hurt. Then i started something new. I tried field hockey. I met some of the most amazing people, had the time of my life doing something fun, and made some memories I will never forget.
I met this person during hockey. We became friends almost instantly. The year went by way too fast and we didn't talk as much as we should have. By the time the year was over there was nothing we could do. Today, after weeks of asking each other, we finally got together. We went to 6 Flags Great Adventure, we walked around and went on some rides. It was a blast. We ended up going to see an Otter Show. I knew she would like it because she has always wanted to be a marine biologist but honestly I have NEVER seen someone smile so much.
I haven't had fun like today in years. I felt like I was a kid again. I went on a carousel. I'm 13 years old! I laughed the entire time with her, it was a blast. You know when you're a kid you just can't wait to grow up. You can't wait for your own freedom. But by the time you get to my age and older you wish you were a kid again. You wish that time didn't go by that fast or that you never grew up. You can't have fun like this. You can fool around. You always have to be serious or you're always trying to impress someone now. Today I didn't need to do any of that. I got to screw around. I didn't have to be someone else, I got to be me. I wish life was always that easy.
I know that some of you are going to say "you don't have to be anyone but yourself" but we all know that that's not 100% true. Everyone wants to impress people. We become an entirely different person when we are with certain people. We don't want to. Its not fun and its not easy but impressions are important to us all.
Today, I was me. No one else. I felt comfortable just being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment